Wednesday 13 January 2010

Large decarb, to stay, please

Since changing my job at Christmas my carbon footprint has reduced, by my estimation, to around 15% of its previous value.  The carbon contribution of the two flights (or more) per week of my business development job was huge, dwarfing all other activities. 

I'm not exactly a tree-hugging vegan, but I've tried to do my bit for the environment over the years.  Nobody has recycled more whales than me.  It was, relatively speaking, a total waste of time trying to be green while I was flying around everywhere. Hopefully, now that I have a more sensible existence I can make a smaller impact on climate change.  Sorry, Earth, for my previous behaviour.

The carbon calculator on http://www.carbonfootprint.com/ is very easy to use and quick and takes into account most of the main carbon sources. 
(Photo: Francois Roche from Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment